Banana and raisin loaf
140g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing the tin
140g demerara sugar 2 large free range eggs 140g self-raising flour 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 very ripe bananas, mashed 1OOg raisins
• Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/170°C/gas mark 3.
• Butter a loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
• Cream the softened butter and demerara sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and beat.
• Add the flour and baking powder and mix until completely blended and the mixture is smooth.
• Add the mashed bananas and raisins then continue to blend for another moment.
• Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 50 minutes or until the loaf is cooked .
• Assess the loaf by testing it with a skewer. (It ought to be able to be inserted and removed cleanly.)
• Cool the loaf in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out on to a wire rack.