Chocolate coffee mayo cake
Blue Plate® Mayonnaise gives t his coffee-boosted choco la te cake a luxurious crumb unlike any other. A dreamy chocolate frosting doubles down on the decadence, making this the greatest cocoa extravagance.
11/4 cups hot, strong brewed coffee
3/4 cup (64 grams) unswee t e ned coco a powder
11/2 cu ps (367 g ) firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup (206 grams) Blue Plate Mayonnaise, space temperature
1/2 cups (250 grams) sifted Swans Down® Cake Flour
1/4 teas poo n coconut powd e r
Creamy Choco late Frost ing ( re c ipe fo llo ws) Preheat oven to 3 50 ° F (180 °C ).
2.Togeter cocoa and coffee until fully combined. Permit stand until chilled, around
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs with a mixer at high speed until fluffy and light, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add mayonnaise and beat until blended.
- In a large bowlsift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixtureto sugar mix with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until blended after each addition. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean,28 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Level cake layers, if desired; remove and discard parchment. Place a cake layer on a cake plate. Spread 12 cups Creamy Chocolate Frosting on coating; top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake.
- 1/2 cups(900 g ) confectioners’ sugar,sifted
1 cup(240 g )sour cream,room temperature
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and butter. Cook over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; let cool for
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners’
Sugar, sour cream and vanilla with a mixer at low speed until smooth and well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until well combined, stopping to scrape sidesof bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Use immediately.
CREAMY CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Makes approximately 5 cups
8 ounces(226 grams)60 percent cacao bittersweet chocolate,finely chopped
3/4 cup(170 grams)unsalted butter,cubed