Cream cheese-stuffed vanilla-peppermint Biscuits
Packing a cream cheese surprise, all these vacation cookies are flavored with Heilala Peppermint Vanila Extract,a lively blend of both refreshing peppermint and creamy vanila. We round out the festive taste by roling our lotion cheese-stuffed cookie dough balls in crushed soft peppermint candies, creating an extremely merry cookie.
Makes about 14 biscuits
3/4 cup (150 grams) and 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, divided
1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
11/2 tsp (6 g ) Heilala Peppermint Vanilla Extract
12/3 cups (208 g ) all-purpose ﬂour 11/2 tsp (7.5 g ) baking powder
3/4 tsp (2.25 g ) kosher salt
4 oz (113 g ) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (64 grams) crushed soft peppermint candies*
- In the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted using the paddle attachment, beat butter and
3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar at medium speed until ﬂuffy, two to three minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in peppermint and egg vanilla extract until well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a large bowlwhisk together ﬂour, baking powder, and salt. Insert ﬂour mix to butter mixture all at once; beat at low speed just until combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons (24 grams) sugar till well combined. Cover cream cheese mixture and bread with plastic wrap; freeze for 25 minutes.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small shallow bowl, place candies.
- Using a 1-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into chunks (approximately 18 g each); ﬂatten to 2-inch disks. Place
11/2 teaspoons (about 9 grams) cream cheese mixture in center of 1 dough disk; pay using a second disk, and crimp edges to seal. Gently shape into a ball; roll in candies. (See Note.) Repeat with remaining dough and remaining cream cheese mix. Place dough balls 11/2 inches apart on prepared pans, and gently ﬂatten into 3/4-inch depth, pressing together any cracks in edges, if needed.
7Bake, 1 batch a time, until edges are set and bottoms are golden brown, 12 to
15 minutes. Carefully garnish warm cookies with candies, if desired. Let cool for 3 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
*Don’t replace hard peppermint candies.
Note: When crushed tender peppermint candies are not sticking well, lightly dampen hands with water as needed before rolling dough into chunks and coating in candies.