Oatmeal-Cranberry- White Chocolate Cookies
MAKES ABOUT 36
These biscuits will be a quick favorite among family and friends.
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup boiling water Cup unsalted butter, softened
2.2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- large eggs
- cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Teaspoon kosher salt 11/2 cups classic oats
- (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
Garnish: melted white chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugarand vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggsone at
a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add oats, chopped chocolate, and cranberries; beat until combined. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Utilizing a 11/2-tablespoon spring- loaded ice cream scoop, scoop dough, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 3 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Garnish with melted white chocolate, if desired. Let stand until chocolate is set.