Baking these merry raspberry-swirled bars in the revolutionary SHARP® SuperSteam™ Built-In Wall Oven creates the cheesecake texture
Especially velvety and easy.
Makes 9 bars
11/2 cups (212 grams) gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 30 biscuits )
3 tbsp (42 g ) unsalted butter, melted
9 ounces (255 g ) halved fresh raspberries (about 11/3 cups lightly packed)
1 cup (200 g ) granulated sugar, divided
- Tablespoon (8 grams) cornstarch (8-ounce) packs (454 grams) cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
2 tablespoons (16 g ) all-purpose ﬂour
- Teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt Large eggs (150 g ), room temperature
3/4 cup (180 g ) sour cream, room temperature
- Spray a 9-inch square skillet with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess stretch 1/4 to 1/2 inch over sides of pan.
- In a large bowlstir together gingersnap crumbs and melted butter until well blended; with a tiny straight-sided measuring cup, press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Position broiling pan on lower oven rack; place prepared pan at the top. Establish SHARP SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven
(SSC2489DS) to Manual/Convection Bake/ / Preheat/1 Tray/325°F/10 minutes/Start.
- Bake for 10 minutes until aromatic and set. Remove from oven; using a straight-sided measuring cup, pack crust back down in an even layer, if necessary. Let cool on a wire rack for half an hour.
- In the container of a blender, combine raspberries and 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugarpurée until smooth. Strain raspberry mixture through an extra-ﬁne-mesh sieve into a medium saucepan, discarding any seedswhisk in cornstarch until well combined. Cook over medium heat until large bubbles form; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 6 minutes. (Mixture should be the consistency of honey
and will continue to thicken slightly as it cools).
- Transfer raspberry mixture to a small bowllet cool for thirty minutes, stirring occasionally. From the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Insert ﬂour, vanilla, salt, and staying
3/4 cup (150 g ) sugarbeat at low speed just until blended. Increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until well blended,
1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Add sour cream; beat at medium-low speed until blended, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour mixture onto
Prepared crust, shaking pan gently to spread cream cheese mixture into an even coating.
Harness sides of pan several times to release any air bubbles, popping any which rise to the surface with a wooden pick.
- Working quickly, drop modest dollops of chilled cherry mix on top of cream cheese mix; having a wooden selection, swirl as needed. Place pan on skillet; set on lower oven rack.
- Set SHARP SuperSteam+ Built-In Wall Oven (SSC2489DS) to Manual/Steam Bake/ Water Bath/300°F/25 minutes/Start.
- Bake for 25 minutes until edges are set, top has a dulled ﬁnish, and center is nearly set. (It’s OK if cheesecake is still fairly jiggly; it’ll continue to set up as it cools.)
- With a knife, instantly loosen edges of cheesecake from parchment. Let cool
In pan on a wire rack for 11/2 to 2 weeks. Refrigerate in pan on a wire rack overnight, loosely covering foil just when totally cool to prevent condensation from forming on top of cheesecake. Using excess parchment as addresses, carefully remove from pan, and then transfer to a cutting board. Employing a hot dry knifecut into bars.